What will you do different today? Today is a good day to set the tone for the rest of your week, your month and your year. Start the week off right by doing a little audit (don't be obsessive or dismissive any little bit makes a difference):
- Clean off your desk (organize things that require follow up).
- Shred the junk (clean out snail mail, email and notification boxes).
- Check your social media connections and links on your website.
- Respond to messages and post (flag messages that require follow up).
- Say thanks to top engagers, partners, employees, new clients, etc.
Many people don't like Monday's because of the workload and drudgery ahead for the week; and/or because everyone's in a bad mood because they didn't end last week on a good note and they are faced with last weeks problems. If you check in on a good note on Monday... then end Friday with your next week's to-do list, everything in between will be more manageable. This is not to say that you won't get thrown any curve balls... when you plan your work and work your plan, you are more mentally equipped to deal with the unexpected, both good and bad. *Notice the activities listed are to be done in spite of your method of communication, to include (office space, cloud space, and mobile space) paper, emails, websites, phone, online networks, and etc. No excuses!